We all want #fallvibes in our home. You know the vibes we’re talking about. Cosy, clean, smelling diving, covered in fairy lights and enough scatter cushions and fluffy blankets to compete with Dunelm!
But how do we achieve such levels of greatness within budget and without having to give up on sleep?
It just so happens we have the answer to that.
We have split our home hacks into 3 categories –Smelling Good, Looking Good and Feeling Good. I mean, what more do you need, right?
In each category, we will give you our top 4 home hacks to achieve a beautiful home in an affordable and natural way.
Let’s get started!
Picture the scene. You’ve got home from a long day, you’ve got into your pjs, Netflix is loading and then you get a waft of your favourite scent. Your home smells like a little slice of heaven. Annnd relax.
Keeping your home smelling good can be quite costly and bad for your health though, depending on the products you use. So, here are 4 affordable and natural hacks for making your home smell delicious this fall.
- Bake your bin! – Add 1 cup of baking soda to the bottom of your bin. This helps neutralize odors and keeps your bin smelling fresh.
- DIY wax melts! – This is one of our favourite hacks for making our homes smell good. Simply bring some water to boil in a pan. Then, add 1 cup of beeswax and 1/3 of a cup of coconut oil to a jar or glass. Place the jar into the hot water to melt the wax and oil. Once melted, carefully remove the jar, using heat proof gloves. Add around 40 drops of your favourite essential oil and stir. Pour into ice cube trays and allow to set. Voila!
- Make your home smell like vanilla cheesecake! – Pre-heat your oven to 140 degrees Celsius. Put two caps of vanilla extract into an oven proof dish. Bake in the oven at 140 for 1 hour. Your whole house will smell incredible!
- Improve your clothes! – Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to a clean cloth and tumble dry it with your clothes. They’ll smell amazing!
For more tips on how to make your home smell good, see our post ‘5 Hacks To Make Your Home Smell Delicious This Autumn’.
Who doesn’t want a house that looks like Pinterest moved in and made itself at home? We know we do. How do we achieve our interior goals without having to sell vital organs though? Here’s how!
- Brighten your whites! – Add half a cup of baking soda, along with your laundry detergent, to brighten white linens and clothes.
- Turn it down! – Dim lighting is where it’s at. The right lighting can create such a warm and cosy atmosphere. Lamps, fairy lights and candles are your new best friend. See ProFlowers awesome and easy tutorial on how to make your own candles here.
- Remove stubborn pan stains! – We all know the stain well. You burn one thing once and your pan is condemned for all eternity! Well no longer! Take your stained pan and boil water and white vinegar in it. This will lift most of the stains. For the extra stubborn ones, scrub with baking soda.
- Rust be gone! – Coat items that are likely to rust and mark your sides (ie shaving cream) with clear nail polish on the metal area. No more rusty rings on the sides.
And we’re feeling gooooooooooood! Oh yes. We hope you sang that all out in your head then. This section is all about making your home feel cosy without having to re-decorate every season…
- Get the vodka out! – Vodka is a fantastic disinfectant for your mattress. Pour some vodka into a spray bottle and lightly spritz your mattress. The spirit will neutralize odors and disinfect. Allow to completely dry before covering.
- Layers! – Get yourself the coziest, fluffiest blankets and cushions for your sofa and step up your snuggle game.
- Say cheese! – Add some photos or prints around your home to make you feel all warm and cosy from the inside.
- Give yourself some hotel treatment! – Little things like folding your toilet paper into that cute triangle, or folding your towels nicely on the radiator, can really make your home feel like a sanctuary away from the world. If you can’t be bothered, but don’t see why you should miss out on the feeling, why don’t you hire a super awesome cleaning service that does that as standard? *cough, cough*
There you have it folks. 12 affordable, natural home hacks to make your home the cleanest, cosiest, falliest (definitely a word…) home on the block.
Which one was your favourite? Do you have any other gems for us?
Because we have another gem for you! Make your home clean and cosy without even lifting a finger! Click here to redeem a 15% off voucher for your first clean with us!
You’re most welcome. You deserve it!